Saturday, July 2, 2011

Yahooooooo! My Macarons have FEET! - AGAIN!!!

Man, This was meant to be posted on the 30th of June but for some apparent reason, blogger was down.

Anyways, after having achieved feet on my 8th attempt, my 9th, 10th and 11th attempt went downhill and I had no ideas as to why. But I've been successul again and its my 12th attempt.







I used jam for the filling. Yes it was very sweet. My ganache for them, for some apparent reason, turned into a chocolate ball. : (

Seeing these little beauties rise made me jump for for sure!

Anyways, I sorta figured out another reason as to why my 9th, 10th and 11th attempt failed.

The reason was the amount of eggwhite. I always believed that each egg white would weigh around 35g or more so I would ignore weighing them. This was definately my fault! So in this 12th attemp, I weighed the eggwhite and they were actually less than the recommended amount from the recipes. Recipes call for egg whites of 35g or more. Mine were below it with the least at 30g.
How my macarons were failing was because there was more dry indredients than wet (more sugar icing sugar and almond meal than egg white) and the drying process was taking longer because the macaron mixture was too thick.

So in this attempt, I reduced the dry ingredients. I reduced them by 4g to 5g  and even 6g or 7g for the sugars.

They dried pretty well withing 30-35 minutes.

The recipe I've been following for these attempts come from a 1 egg white recipe found on Macaron Fetish.  

I hope this really helps you as it has for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment