Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Hunt For Macarons is ON!!!! - Queanbeyan

I didn't expect to find them at this place I always get my B'day cake from but there they were. I hadn't been to Queabeyan in ages so goin there over the weekend to order a cake and to also pick up some other goodies, that was quite a find.

Oh yes, this place I speak of is called 'Continental Cakes' and they make the most deleicious celebration cakes ever! They also make other cakes and treats which are pretty awsome but having tried some over this weekend has not been as great a taste as before. The place had gotten a new owner.

Back to the point of the macarons, they look adorable and sold for like $1 a piece. The flavours shown here are rasberry and green tea.







Taste wise though....hmmm..... I'm not really boasting about them, like I did with my other findings based in Canberra, as having taken 1 bite out of each was....not good. The 'Flute', selling at $2 a piece would be my reconmendation to a cheap Macaron. Those macarons had a funny filling taste. the shells were alright and crispy but the filling definately was....... not good.

I ended up eating up half of the little cakes I bought from the place to clear the taste.

This is in MY OPINION.

No comments:

Post a Comment